Gay Cruising Spot in All India - OhMojo.com Website Rules and Announcements
India : All India : All India : OhMojo.com Website Rules and Announcements
I'm starting this new thread for making announcements as well as to iterate some of the rules/guidelines the users are expected to adhere to.
Please do not use this thread for feedback/suggestions etc as private message to me is best for that.
Also, I shall try and reply to any queries related to the website, features and its usage here. however please do not ask any questions that may already have been answered.
I shall remove any posts that are off-topic or do not add any value. No questions/posts about moderating decisions are allowed.
Post A Comment
|Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 comments.|
|Posted On Jul 25, 2018 - 09:51 AM|
Rules related to Profile Pictures:
1. Uploading pornographic pictures or pictures copied from the internet of models/celebrities etc are not allowed. They will be deleted without notice. Profiles of repeat offenders will be banned.
2. The picture has to be of you. Pictures of cartoons, memes, artwork, paintings, drawings, abstracts, celebrities etc are not allowed.
3. You cannot upload pictures of someone else. If a report is filed on any picture and if you fail to verify the picture will be deleted and your profile will be banned.
4. You cannot upload any picture that can be considered illegal in India or at the place of your residence.
5. You cannot upload pictures of any person less than 18 years of age. Pictures of children in any format or setting is strictly not allowed.
6. You cannot upload pictures for which you do not hold a copyright.
7. Profiles that repeatedly upload, delete and reupload the same pictures multiple times to remain on the homepage list will be banned.
Any picture violating the above rules will be deleted. Repeat offenders will see their profiles banned. Some infringement, based on severity, may result in a direct ban on the profile.
Note: I am in the process of reviewing all old pictures so it may take time for all offending pictures to get removed. You may send me details of any picture violating the above rules and I shall take action on them.
|Posted On Jul 26, 2018 - 05:04 AM|
As indicated in the opening thread, please do not post suggestions here. All such posts will be summarily deleted.
|Posted On Jul 31, 2018 - 07:49 AM|
Rules for Cruising Spots and Discussion Forums:
1. No personal attacks and no hate messages! While discussing any topic, if you disagree with someone feel free to air your view without personally attacking them. Harsh rebuttals are ok but personally attacking someone is not! This includes name calling. If someone attacks you personally please report to the admin. If you reply with your own personal attacks (even if you didn't start it), you will also be considered as a violator.
2. Strictly no naming and shaming: Any person trying to defame someone with personally identifiable information (or even general information slandering others) is strictly not allowed as there is no way of verifying information even if that information might be potentially true.
3. No off-topic comments. Stick to the topic being discussed. Any comment not aligned to the topic being discussed will be deleted.
4. No Meta Discussions: What is a Meta discussion? It is discussion about the discussion. Stick to the topic being discussed. If you feel the discussion is veering away from the topic or someone is violating any rule, report it to the admin (me!). But going on a rant, even if justified, is not ok! Your post will be deleted. This includes rants about the website or the admin. Send a private message to me instead.
5. Strictly no phone numbers or any other personal contact details. Any post that includes your or anyone else' contact details in any form will be immediately deleted. This includes phone numbers, email addresses, Google hangout or kik IDs or IDs for any IM platform.
6. Same post/comment in multiple threads are strictly not allowed. If you see the same topics being discussed in multiple threads, post only on the one which is the most active. Posting same comment on multiple threads will be considered as forum spam. Your post will be deleted and it may even result in a ban on your profile. If you see multiple threads with the same topic you may bring it to the admin's attention so that they can be merged.
7. Multiple/Repeated messages for hook-ups is strictly not allowed. While comments soliciting hook-ups are allowed in certain threads (like thread for cruising in specific areas), posting such comments in multiple threads will be considered as spamming. Your comments will get deleted and it may even result in a ban on your profile.
8. All threads must be either related to cruising spots or must be subjects related to the gay community. General discussions that do not pertain to the gay community are not allowed.
9. While all kinds of topics are allowed as long as they either relate to gay cruising or to subjects related to the gay community, certain topics that might be deemed illegal or might be considered too inflammatory or sensitive may not be allowed. The admin will decide on these on a case by case basis.
10. Posting ads for specific services that you may offer are allowed as long as they are services that are legally allowed. However, posting ads repeatedly or in multiple threads are not allowed. Only one ad is allowed per person in 10 days. If you post more ads, your ad will not only get deleted, but your profile may also get banned.
11. Many posts related to hookups, travel plans, ads for services, review of services provided by individuals etc get marked as temporary by the admin. What this means is that while the post is allowed as it might help other members, they automatically get deleted after a few days (3 to 10 days). This is done because the post may become irrelevant after some time or it may not add much value to the thread after some time. We do this to keep the number of posts (specially on the service review threads like massage parlours) to a manageable limit and to avoid proxy promotions (where the masseurs/spa owners post good reviews about themselves with fake profiles).
12. Use your own judgement! If you see a post or comment that seems fake/untrue or incorrect, it may very well be. That does not mean that the website or the admin is colluding with those people! The website or the admin does not accept any compensation from any individual or entity for posting or allowing or promoting reviews. I have no way of verifying any information that is posted. So read all the comments and arrive at your own conclusion. For example, a lot of reviews for services provided by establishments or individuals get posted on the website on a daily basis. Just because you may have had a different experience does not necessarily mean that the review is fake! It may or may not be. However ranting about reviews just because they do not meet your views or experience does add any value to the conversation. Post your reviews or opinions in a fair, objective and reasonable way if you disagree with someone else' post. Attacking them for having different views or for sharing experiences is not allowed!
13. All new threads are moderated before they become visible on the website. If you have posted a new thread and it has not become visible, chances are you have not have adhered to one or multiple rules mentioned above. Some more reasons why your thread may not get approved:
- Incorrect Area/Subject line: Don't just mention the name of the city or a single word or phrase as the subject.
- Low effort posts, posts with SMS language, posts with lots of grammatical errors to the point where they do not make any sense at all will not get approved. Instead of trying to get people to discuss/respond or share their experiences, if you add just a one-liner it may not get approved.
- The opening post of a thread must properly explain the purpose of the thread and should be generic in nature. Sharing personal experiences in the opening post is not allowed. If you would also like to share your opinion or experience pertaining to that topic, you may do so as a comment after the thread is approved.
- Personal threads: Threads asking for hookups or personal meets are not allowed.
- Ads or reviews for Individual services or Establishments are not allowed as opening posts
- Duplicate topics are not allowed. A thread with the same topic may already exist. If so, you may revive it by simply commenting on that thread instead of starting a new one.
While the admin tries to be as objective in allowing or disallowing any thread or post, I'm human too so if you feel your thread should have been allowed you may send a private message for this (include the text that you posted for reference) and I'll take cognizance of it. However any private message making "demands" in any manner will not be responded to. I will also not be able to respond to messages asking for the reasons why certain topics were not allowed. Use the rules above to find out the reason.
|Posted On Jul 31, 2018 - 07:58 AM|
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about forums, threads and posts:
1. Why am I seeing non-cruising discussions on the cruising forums?
The website started allowing topics other than cruising spots about 4 years ago based on user demand. However as adding option for "new categories" will take additional effort, currently the cruising forum section is being utilized for it.
The non-cruising topics are also moderated so that they are still discussions pertaining to only subjects related to the gay community. No general topics are allowed.
Additionally, the website has increased the number of topics displayed on the homepage so that the cruising topics also get due visibility.
2. I posted a new cruising spot/forum discussion topic. It never appeared!
Please see the point number 13 in the post above for possible reasons.
3. I made a few posts but these seem to have disappeared. Why?
Comments get deleted if they violate any of the rules mentioned above. Alternatively some comments may automatically get deleted after a few days. Please see point no 11 above for an explanation.
4. Why am I suddenly seeing so much censorship on OhMojo?
OhMojo does not believe in censorship. I do not delete any post for the views expressed even if I personally do not agree with them. However any post violating the rules mentioned above are deleted. This has always been happening on the website, however now I have started showing the deleted message indicator so that people become aware that a violating comment has been deleted.
5. I feel very strongly about a subject matter. May I start a discussion on it?
As long as the subject matter is pertaining to the gay community or is discussed in the context of the gay community, it will be allowed. Unfortunately general topics are not allowed.
6. Why am I seeing "All India" discussion threads on the homepage?
Any topic that gets posted at the "All India" level becomes visible to everyone in India. That is the purpose of the "All India" location marker! These do not replace your local discussions. They also get equal visibility (as long as they have active on-going discussions).
7. I am interested only in seeing cruising spot threads and not the other discussions:
Unfortunately this is not currently possible. I may provide additional filters/settings in the future. However it may take some time.
8. I see lots of nonsense/low effort comments taking the space on the homepage. This reduces the number genuine comments on the homepage.
The admin moderates and deletes a lot of posts on a daily basis. What you see are comments that may be low effort but are still relevant to the thread. Quite a few of them get marked as temporary for automatic deletion after a few days. Please read the point no 11 above for an explanation.
If you see comments that should not be allowed or may have missed by the admin, please report them and due cognizance will be taken.
9. I see a lot of old posts or thread violating the rules. What gives?
The website was not as strictly moderated earlier so there are many old posts and threads that do not fit the rules. Considering the number of such posts and threads, it is not possible for me to review all of them retrospectively.
If you notice any post that you feel should not have been allowed, kindly report and I shall take due cognizance of it.
10. Who gave you the right to decide what should or should not be allowed here?
I am the one who created this website and am responsible for everything that gets posted here. That gives me the right to run it the way I see fit. I try to be very objective in my moderation so if you feel I have missed something or have made a mistake I'm open to discussing them via private message. However ranting about the website, the admin or the moderation policy on the public forums is not allowed.
If you have any more queries related to the cruising spot and other discussion forums that have not been covered in the above sections, please send a private message to me and I shall respond. If they are generic in nature I shall add them here so that others can also reference them.
|Posted On Aug 3, 2018 - 06:22 AM|
Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions about pictures in your profile.
1. Why are pictures uploaded by me getting deleted?
Please read the rules above. If the picture uploaded by you violates any one of them, it will be deleted.
2. Are you are prude? Why are you against *** pictures? I enjoyed those pictures!
I have nothing against good ***. However OhMojo.com does not want to be known as a pornographic website. There are countless websites catering to ***. Use them.
3. I uploaded a beautiful picture of a sunset that I clicked. Why did it get deleted?
You can upload only pictures of yourself (face, body or a part of your body).
Any other picture like pictures of models, celebrities, landscapes, art, drawings, objects, quotes, cartoons, memes, your living room, your bungalow, your car, your underwear, etc will get deleted.
4. Can I still upload nude pictures of myself?
Yes. Uploading nude or adult pictures of self (and only self) is allowed.
5. How would you know whether the picture uploaded is mine and not someone else'?
I wouldn't. So basically any picture that does not look overtly pornographic in nature will pass muster. However if anyone reports a picture as stolen/fake or their's, that picture will get marked as "unverified" and the person who uploaded the picture will have to verify it within a timeframe of 7 days failing which the picture will get deleted.
6. I wanted to showcase my artwork or photography skills! Why do you not allow all those kind of pictures?
OhMojo.com is not a platform for that purpose. It is platform to meet other gay guys, discuss matters related to gay cruising or other gay subjects. you can definitely share your pictures via links to instagram, facebook and other platforms with potential mates in private.
7. Doesn't the admin have any work other than censoring stuff?
Censorship is something I am personally completely against. However, without some basic ground rules, things tend to become completely chaotic. Trust me, I would not prefer to spend my time moderating pictures and discussions! However to keep Ohmojo.com above board and not be targeted as a pornographic website, these measures are needed. It is this or closure of the website. I'd rather choose the former!
8. You are a two faced hypocritical bully! (actual hate mail received by me....)
Call me by your name? Ok, jokes aside, as mentioned above, I'd rather be called names than allow ohmojo.com to die or be completely blocked. The rules will stay and no amount of hate mails or debate is going to change that.
9. I'm done with your dictatorial rules. I will never use ohmojo.com ever again (again, actual words received by me).
I am sad to see you go. However going by past statistics there is a 90% chance that you will be back with a new profile disguised as a new guy.
However I shall not feel guilty about someone leaving because of these rules. OhMojo serves the purpose of connecting a lot of gay members who may not find similar connections on other well know platforms that work in the metropolitan areas. That is one of the reason ohmojo.com has not been shut even though lots of other better platforms are available now.
10. I sort of understand what you say. How can I help?
You can definitely help by reporting profiles violating rules! I am looking at options to provide better reporting features on the website. Until then, a private message to me on this profile will be appreciated.